Submission Call for October/November 2012Do you love to color or paint on all your projects? Do you get comments on your manicure only to look down and see that it's really ink and paint from your crafty adventures? Is your passion for all things colorful so powerful that you have no idea how to make a project without a colored image? If you said yes to any of these, then you NEED to submit to our second submission call here at Designed To Color!
In every issue, we provide a sketch for you to have fun and play around with! Remember, just b/c you see squares and other elements does not mean you have to copy them completely. Have fun and come up with your own design based on this sketch!
The color we are drooling over this time is Rhapsody. It is a shade of purple that is not to be missed. It has a subtle tone yet it pops with fun! Let’s see what awesome creations you can make with this fun color!
Paint, we all have it and we all love it! Yes we can make old items look new and gorgeous again with a fresh coat of paint. But here at Designed To Color, we want to get funky with it! Take that paint and splatter it around! Fling it, flick it, and splash it! We want to see your coloring creations using paint splatters!
Falling for Fall:
The heat of summer starts to dim and the cool, brisk breeze of autumn fill our days. It’s time to bust out those happy earth tones and gorgeous autumn stamps! Show us what Fall creations you can make.
Let’s get spooky! We want to see what fun Halloween creations you can make! But please, don’t use too much fake blood, we have weak tummies.
Get Well Soon:
With the temperature changing, that means one thing. The sickies are coming! From teachers to students and even your best friend at work, no one is immune! Let’s see some cheerful get well cards.
Have something to Say?
We want to hear from YOU! Dear DTC is a column that is for our readers. You can ask anything that you have always wanted to know. From what goes into making an issue to how a coloring technique is done. You can even just drop us a line to let us know how great we are doing!
Inspired By DTC
Have you seen a project in our previous issues that totally screamed MAKE ME!? We want to see how DTC has inspired you! Submit your projects along with a description (page number, project title, artist) and you just might see your very own project in our next issue! Now you can inspire others as well!
We are looking for it all - Copics, Promarkers, Water Colors, Pencils, Distress Inks, Bic Markers, Stampin' Up markers, crayons, etc.!!!! This is the open portion of our call, didn't make something for one of the categories above, no worries, you can submit it here, just tell us what you used.
Before submitting, please take a look at these guidelines
- Submit NEW projects that have never been displayed on the internet. That means, projects that have not been on your personal or company Facebook or in any forums/galleries or blogs. If you have uploaded a photo of the project to the internet previously, it is not eligible.
- If selected, you may share your project online 30 days AFTER the issue in which your project is featured. No exceptions.
- ALL levels, styles & coloring mediums are welcome, clean and simple, layers galore, shabby chic - you name it, if you colored something, we wanna see it!
- All accepted projects must be shipped out by August 20th and received by August 30th.
- International submissions are welcome and encouraged! But please be mindful of shipping time.
- Keep a detailed supply list handy. This should include but is not limited to colors used for your image, name and company of image used, and papers. This is very important if you get chosen to be featured.