Submission Call for Summer 2013 Issue
Do you love to color or paint on all your projects? Do you get comments on your manicure only to look down and see that it's really ink and paint from your crafty adventures? Is your passion for all things colorful so powerful that you have no idea how to make a project without a colored image? If you said yes to any of these, then you NEED to submit to our submission call here at Designed To Color!
Sketch 1 & Sketch 2
ie. You do not have to use the color for the color watch on your entire project. We take the colors for the color watch from the Pantone Color Catalog. If you cannot find the exact color name, it’s okay to substitute with another color that is in the same family. Think brothers and sisters, not cousins when thinking of the color families.
Everywhere you look you see lovely wood veneer embellishments and all those yummy wood grain papers. Wood of all kinds is inspiring the paper crafting world. Let your inner nature lover come out and create something fab using wood.
With summer comes lots of reasons to celebrate! From national holidays here in the states to yes... Christmas to the south of us, summer is a great reason to throw a party! Show us your summer celebration creations.
Back to School
Do you hear that? The school bells are winding back up and it's time for book bags and pencils and all those lovely back to school supply sales! And with those sales and supplies comes tons of inspiration! Lets us see your A + worthy projects.
Who needs a special occasion to send a card? Sometimes the best things in life are surprises! We want to see your best 'Just Because' cards.
An Apple a Day
An apple a day keeps the doctor away is the saying. But there is nothing about how apples can make one heck of a cute project! Whether it's apple pattern paper or an image you colored in featuring an apple, we wanna see it!
Anything But A Card:
We love how well colored images fit into cards, from a Holiday to New Babies, they are just perfect. But what about other paper crafting outlets? Scrapbooks or mini albums? Maybe even some wicked altered art? Show us what you can do with your favorite colored imaged that are featured on anything but a card!
Have something to Say?
We want to hear from YOU! Dear DTC is a column that is for our readers. You can ask anything that you have always wanted to know. From what goes into making an issue to how a coloring technique is done. You can even just drop us a line to let us know how great we are doing!
Inspired By DTC
Have you seen a project in our previous issues that totally screamed MAKE ME!? We want to see how DTC has inspired you! Submit your projects along with a description (page number, project title, artist) and you just might see your very own project in our next issue! Now you can inspire others as well!
We are looking for it all - Copics, Promarkers, Water Colors, Pencils, Distress Inks, Bic Markers, Stampin' Up markers, etc.!!!! This is the open portion of our call, didn't make something for one of the categories above, no worries, you can submit it here, just tell us what you used.
Before submitting, please take a look at these guidelines
- Submit NEW projects that have never been displayed on the internet. That means, projects that have not been on your personal or company Facebook or in any forums/galleries or blogs. If you have uploaded a photo of the project to the internet previously, it is not eligible.
- If selected, you may share your project online 60 days AFTER the issue in which your project is featured. A good rule of thumb to follow is if your project is featured in an issue of DTC, wait until the next issue of DTC is released, and then you may share your project.
- ALL levels, styles & coloring mediums are welcome, clean and simple, layers galore, shabby chic - you name it, if you colored something, we wanna see it!
- All accepted projects must be shipped out by March 5th (post mark date). Please keep in mind the shipping time. The sooner you ship you projects out, the better!
- Any projects that are received after the received by date are subject to be returned and not featured in the issue. We try to stick by a guideline and late projects can hold up production.
- International submissions are welcome and encouraged! But please be mindful of shipping time.
- Keep a detailed supply list handy. This should include but is not limited to colors used for your image, name and company of image used, and papers. This is very important if you get chosen to be featured.
Please send your submissions to: Submissions@DesignedToColor.com
The April/May Submission call will end February 28th 11:59PM MST.
Email subject lines must contain the theme of the call you submitting to i.e. Sketch, Trending Mark, Dear DTC, etc
We only need ONE photo per project. Please take photos in a well lit area for the best quality. You do not need a fancy, smancy camera, but taking your photos in natural light helps out tons!
Notification emails will be sent no later than March 1st. If accepted further instructions (including shipping address and other info) will be included in this email. So please add the above email to your contact list so it does not end up in the spam folder!!
Thank you for your interest in submitting to our magazine! You all are amazing and keep up the inspiring work!